Consulate General of Ireland Boston has now re-opened
following the tragic events of Monday, April 15th
Explosions in Boston
• Please call the Embassy at +1 202 462 3939, or the Department
of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin at +1 353 1 478 0822 /
408 2000 if you have concerns about Irish relatives or friends.
• The Boston authorities’ helpline number, if worried about
family/friends, is 001 617 635 4500.
• Individuals can register themselves as safe or search for
loved ones at
• Google have a launched a people finder: http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions.
• US authorities in other cities are on heightened alert
following the bombings in Boston and traveller in the US are
advised to maintain vigilance in large public areas and events and
to follow any guidance from local authorities.
• If you are trying to reach friends or family and can’t get
through, try texting instead.
• Follow the advice of local authorities.
• Authorities have advised those who are in Boston to stay at
home or at your hotel and avoid crowds.
• Please note flights into or out of Boston may be affected.
• Useful Twitter accounts: Massachusetts Emergency Management
Agency @MassEMA; Boston Marathon @bostonmarathon; The Boston Globe
@BostonGlobe; Boston Police Department @Boston_Police
Day greetings from the President Michael D. Higgins
The President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins commemorated
the Great Irish Famine in Boston 4 - 5 May 2012.
Commemoration of the Great Irish Famine
The President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins delivered a lecture on
the Famine and its impact on Ireland and Boston at historic Faneuil
Hall on Saturday 5 May 2012. The lecture was followed by a
musical programme featuring acclaimed Irish and local Boston
musicians including Frankie Gavin, produced by WGBH's Brian
O'Donovan. You may click here for
full details on the President's visit to Boston.
**Notice of Fee Changes**
All fees for services provided at the Consulate will be changing
on 01 March 2013 with the exception of passport
Please click on the appropriate tab on the left side of this
page for the current fee.